Jersey PUT, POST generated endpoints don't recognize the implementing subclass arguments

My generated API endpoints don’t recognize a subclassing argument. I’m using RAML 1.0, Jersey 2.11, and the latest raml-for-jax-rs, more specifically raml-to-jax-rs-cli.

In previous generators, the generated API endpoints (PUT, POST) would expect a POJO entity, but now they expect the interface. This should not be a problem, but when I PUT or POST an implementing entity, the endpoint fails to recognize it and does not call the method.

When I change the expected argument/entity to the instantiable class of the object I send, everything works as expected (obviously this is not a sustainable workflow, as it means modifying all the generated endpoints).

I’d like either a solution to this mapping error or a way to generate the API endpoints with the “old-style” expected entities.

My model has two generated classes, Product being an interface and ProductImpl its implementing class.

@Override
public PutProductsResponse putProducts(String xSessionToken, Product entity) {

-> method will not be called when I PUT a ProductImpl entity. This is unexpected behavior.

@Override
public PutProductsResponse putProducts(String xSessionToken, ProductImpl entity) {

-> method will be called, as usual.

I made a StackOverflow question for this as well, which has some extra details.

Hi @JoseHdez2, I’ll try to get an answer for you. Is this related: https://github.com/mulesoft-labs/raml-for-jax-rs/issues/299?

Hello @jstoiko, yes; it is the same as this question. I posted it as an issue since I haven’t been able to solve it and I think it might be related to the generator. For now, I have been able to work when deleting the interfaces and working with just the entity classes, but that is not feasible for the long term.

Hello again @jstoiko; I’ve posted an issue on the issue tracker for the project, and I’d like to know if there are any possible solutions to my problem. Thanks

No worries. Let’s discuss it there.